Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tony Snow, 1955-2008


Tony Snow, 53, died July 12, 2008.

He was a television news commentator at Fox News, then was named press secretary for President Bush.

I remember when he was on Fox. This was back when I watched Fox, which later I quit doing because of their terrible bias. He had a show on Saturday morning that ended with some other guy bringing in freebies gotten to promote movies. It was a very funny segment each week, and Tony was a lot of laughs in the give-and-take with Fox's movie reviewer.

When he became press secretary I was disappointed, because I knew he would be a sharp, intelligent one for whatever was going on in the White House. I would have rather they had someone less capable, someone who might occasionally blow it. But, no, they had to pick Tony Snow. You could really see his intelligence in the way he could talk his way around anything and pretty much keep the reporters at bay.

He had cancer, and had resigned a couple years ago to make more money to support his family. All in all, he seemed like a real decent guy.

No comments: